In business, what you don’t know WILL hurt you; do you know what you need to know to make better decisions?
Have you ever wished that the planning and budgeting cycle we all slog through in the fall were easier? Maybe, you think to yourself, if only you started a little earlier or prepared a little better! But how are you supposed to do that when you don’t have enough time to do everything that was due last week let alone work ahead!!
Every good plan is based on sound inputs. We have all heard the phrase “garbage in, garbage out”. How many of us have had to live with plans and budgets that were essentially created on unfounded assumptions because we had to meet a date without time to do our homework? Probably all of us have been guilty of that!
This year get a leg up! Spend two hours on September 25th with other executives putting together a solid foundation on which to base your planning. Join us for our “Moneyball for Business” online workshop. https://www.breakthroughmaster.com/moneyball-for-business-online-workshop/
What is Moneyball? Maybe you remember the movie by that name starring Brad Pitt documenting the Oakland A’s implementation of Sabermetrics. For our use, moneyball means a system of analytics that are leading indicators of performance. In baseball, on base percentage matters more than home runs in generating wins. In business, what matters most in predicting your ability to win? Or identifying small issues before they become big challenges? What do you need to know about the market, your customers, your competitors and your own capabilities to make good investment decisions?
This event will take place online in a live two-hour workshop on September 25th from 11:15am-1:15pm, central standard time. We will issue each participant a workbook digitally (a $79 value), ahead of the meeting. We encourage you to look through it and come prepared with your questions to the session.
In this workshop we will cover:
- How to complete a Market Assessment; learn what is going on in the market today, what variables will most impact you and what to do about it.
- How to develop a Competitive Assessment; learn how to define competitors—traditional and non-traditional, how to assess their advantages relative to yours and what you need to do to improve your market position.
- How to conduct a Business Assessment; learn new techniques for understanding differentiating capabilities and how to build on them for competitive advantage.
- How to identify market-driven competitive advantage and growth opportunities; learn how to set yourself apart from the competition and prioritize where investments need to be made to maximize growth.
- How to improve the budgeting process; learn how to save time, enhance cross-departmental communication and reduce stress by establishing clear performance-driven budgeting priorities.
- How to align resources to priorities; learn how to do more with the same or less resources.
This isn’t just a discussion–it is a work session. When we are done, you will be equipped to achieve the following in this fall’s budgeting and planning process:
- Enter the budgeting and planning process with greater clarity regarding market-based opportunities for performance improvement
- Shorten the time it takes for the organization to complete the budgeting and planning process
- Have clear prioritization for spending money and allocating resources that all understand
- Make decisions with confidence
- Align the work of the entire organization, creating greater synergies
- Be able to do more with the same or less resources!!
So join us! The number of spots are limited so register early!!
Date: September 25, 2012
Time: 11:15am-1:15pm CST, 12:15-2:15pm EST, 10:15am-12:15pm MT (?), 9:15-11:15am PST(?)
Online workshop facilitator: Margaret Reynolds https://www.breakthroughmaster.com/workshops/speaking/
To register, click on this link: https://www.breakthroughmaster.com/moneyball-for-business-online-workshop/